Gordon Brown took two years to write Afghanistan condolence letter

The father of a soldier killed in Afghanistan received a condolence letter from the Prime Minister, Gordon Brown, almost two years after his son died.

Trooper Jack Sadler, 21, of the Honourable Artillery Company, was killed on December 4 2007 when his vehicle was caught up in a blast in Helmand Province.

But his father Ian said he only received a handwritten letter from Gordon Brown on November 17 2009, accompanied by a typed apology from an aide to the Prime Minister.

Last month, Mr Brown was criticised for spelling mistakes in a handwritten letter to Jacqui Janes, whose son Jamie was killed in Afghanistan.

Speaking to BBC Radio 4’s The Report, Mr Sadler, from Exmouth, Devon, said: ”Jack was killed on December 4 2007 and I received a letter of condolence from the Prime Minister with no date on it on November 17 2009.

”I have a letter apologising, not from the Prime Minister, but from Jeremy Heywood who is his permanent secretary, apologising that an administrative mistake resulted in my not receiving a letter from the Prime Minister.

Read on

Advertisements

One thought on “Gordon Brown took two years to write Afghanistan condolence letter

  1. AhhhThings aren’t looking too bad in the old ‘Demented Dominion right now.One only need ingmiae what would be unfolding had the ‘bad guys’ won!Now…if we could only get some decent weather.

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s